Timeline: Recertification is every two years.
- Ship us your current window/door net- ATTN: SFI Recertification 4101 South May, Oklahoma City, OK 73119
- Stroud will remove the webbing after measuring your existing webbing lengths to ensure that you have the same fit as before.
- Stroud will then inspect your hardware to make sure that all pieces are not damaged and functioning properly.
- Stroud will then replace the old webbing and sew on new updated SFI tags.
- Our $95.00 recertification fee covers the cost of brand new webbing and updated SFI tags, provided we are able to use your existing hardware.
- There is no charge for the inspection.
Q. Why is the cost of recertifying my old net the same as the cost of a new custom net?
A. SFI regulations mandate that window net webbing has to be completely replaced every two years. The process of recertification is essentially identical to manufacturing a new net for Stroud.
Q. Why wouldn’t I just order a new window net if the price is the same?
A. When you recertify we make sure your recertified net matches the dimensions of your old net perfectly. If you order a new custom net you will have to measure for a replacement net including top angles, fixed mounting and attachment points over again.
Q. Can I alter the color of my window net when I send it for recertification?
A. The color of your window net can be changed for no additional charge during the recertification process.
Q. What if my window net has plastic buckles?
A. Plastic buckles are illegal and we are obligated to replace them during recertification. This will result in an additional fee.
Q. Can you refertify a competitor's window net?
A. Because recertification and replacement are identical processes we can. If you send the old net we can manufacture a Stroud net that will fit exactly as your old one did.