Timeline: Recertification is every two years.
- Ship us your current seat belt, restraint, or harness to – ATTN: SFI Recertification 4101 South May, Oklahoma City, OK 73119
- Stroud will remove the straps after measuring your existing strap lengths to ensure that you have the same fit as before.
- Stroud will inspect your hardware to make sure that all pieces are not damaged and functioning properly.
- Stroud will replace all straps with new straps and sew on new updated SFI tags.
- Our $69.00 recertification fee covers the cost of brand new webbing and updated SFI tags, provided we are able to use your existing hardware.
- There is no charge for the inspection.
Q. What if I have owned my belts for less than two years yet the SFI tag indicates that they need to be inspected?
A. SFI dates begin at manufacturing. One of the benefits of buying directly from Stroud is that they don’t sit on a shelf eating into that SFI reinspection window.
Q. How will I know when it is time for me to submit my belts for reinspection?
A. If you purchase from Stroud we send out reminder emails to our customers to ensure that they are as safe as possible and in complete compliance with SFI regulations.
Q. Can Stroud recertify belts from another manufacturer?
A. We Cannot. Stroud is only able to recertify belts we manufactured.
Q. What if my belt set is incomplete or has missing or damaged parts?
A. Before belts in this state of disrepair can be recertified we have to repair them at an additional charge.
Q. Can I order adjustments to my belt when I submit them for recertification?
A. Yes. You can change belt length and color at the time of recertification at no additional charge. If you require a belt longer than standard lengths there will be a $21 fee applied.
Q. If I am using a competitor's belt and need Stroud to copy that configuration, is that possible?
A. Yes. If you order a new set of belts we can copy any existing configuration to meet your needs.