When: Recertification is every five years for SFI-15 and SFI-20
(SFI-1 and SFI-5 can not be recertified)
- Ship your Stroud fire suit to – ATTN: SFI Recertification 4101 South May, Oklahoma City, OK 73119
- Stroud will first thoroughly clean your racing fire suit.
- Stroud will inspect your racing fire suit to determine if there are any rips and tears and if so we repair it.
- Once the suit has been deemed safe we replace the SFI date tag with a new one and ship it back to you.
- The $60 expense covers inspection and recertification.
- There is an additional charge for the repairs at 75.00 an hour. Most repairs can be done within 2 hours.
- Stroud cannot recertify a damaged suit. Repairs are an essential part of the recertification process.
Q. Do I have to recertify my fire suit if it is below SFI-15?
A. No, you do not. If the suit is in poor condition and you are concerned with your safety please replace it immediately.
Q. Can Stroud recertify fire suits from another racing fire suit manufacturer?
A. Sorry but Stroud only recertifies Stroud fire suits. It is against SFI regulations to do otherwise.
Q: Can my SFI-15 suit be repaired and recertified?
A: Stroud does recertify SFI-15 suits but no longer offers repair on them.